By Haim D Rabinowitch, Lesley Currah
The Alliums are one of the most old cultivated vegetation and comprise onions, garlic, leeks and different similar vegetation. the first goal of this e-book is to assemble, in one quantity, up to date wisdom acquired through quite a few clinical disciplines, from the fundamental molecular point, to program within the box, of the allium vegetation. It includes commissioned chapters on subject matters that experience proven significant advances fairly within the final 10 years equivalent to molecular biology, floriculture and agronomy. individuals comprise prime international professionals from Europe, the united states, Japan and New Zealand.
Read Online or Download Allium crop science : recent advances PDF
Similar crop science books
It is a tremendous e-book and a needs to purchase for someone attracted to plant dispersal from a inhabitants dynamics perspective. The e-book is written in an enticing and easy-to-read sort: as a result of meant minimization of hugely really expert phrases, and whereas there are equations they're sincerely defined and should not be feared (!
This is often the 1st publication that comprehensively and systematically describes the hot know-how of hydrophilic interplay liquid chromatography (HILIC). Hydrophilic interplay chromatography is a separation strategy appropriate for polar and hydrophilic compounds and orthogonal to reversed section liquid chromatography.
Precision Agriculture (PA) is an method of dealing with the variety in creation agriculture in a extra fiscal and environmentally effective demeanour. it's been pioneered as a administration software within the grains undefined, and whereas its improvement and uptake keeps to develop between grain farmers around the globe, a wide variety of different cropping industries have embraced the concept that.
- Insect antifeedants
- Barley: Production, Improvement, and Uses (World Agriculture Series)
- Corn Crop Production: Growth, Fertilization and Yield
- Biotechnology and Plant Breeding. Applications and Approaches for Developing Improved Cultivars
- Chemistry of Crop Protection
Extra info for Allium crop science : recent advances
Great-headed garlic group This hexaploid seed-sterile domesticate of A. ampeloprasum is locally cultivated in Asia Minor to Iran and Caucasus, and sporadically in California and in other regions of America and Europe. These plants appear to be ‘siblings’ of garlic with somewhat less intensive odour and taste. They develop large cloves, which are used for both consumption and multiplication. D. Rabinowitch, Israel, 2000, personal communication) or the second year (in the temperate zone) as a summer crop (van der Meer, 1997; Hanelt, 2001).
In its area of natural distribution in West and Central Himalayas, this species is collected from the wild as a vegetable and spice plant. Minor cultivation for the edible leaves was reported from north-eastern India (Hanelt, 2001). ALLIUM OBLIQUUM L. This tall species grows wild from East Europe to Central Siberia and north-western China, where it is often collected as a substitute for garlic. For a long time it has traditionally been grown for the bulbs in home gardens in West Siberia. Recently it has also become attractive as a medicinal plant in Europe (Hanelt, 2001).
1. World distribution of wild species of the genus Allium. The numbers on the map indicate the number of species found in each region. M. Fritsch and N. g. A. , and a few alliums are scattered in mountains or highlands within the subtropics and tropics. Only A. dregeanum Kth. , 1997). A region of especially high species diversity stretches from the Mediterranean basin to Central Asia and Pakistan (Fig. 1). A second, less pronounced centre of species diversity occurs in western North America. These centres of diversity possess differing percentages of the several subgroups of the genus and are thus clearly distinguishable in taxonomic terms.
Allium crop science : recent advances by Haim D Rabinowitch, Lesley Currah