By Satyen Mukherjee, Emile Aarts, Raf Roovers, Frans Widdershoven, Martin Ouwerkerk
Ambient Intelligence is without doubt one of the new paradigms within the improvement of data and communique expertise, which has attracted a lot realization during the last years. the purpose is the to combine know-how into humans atmosphere in this type of means that it improves their day-by-day lives by way of overall healthiness, creativity, and productiveness. Ambient Intelligence is a multidisciplinary suggestion, which seriously builds on a few basic breakthroughs which have been accomplished within the improvement of latest techniques during the last years. New insights in nano and micro electronics, packaging and interconnection know-how, large-area electronics, power scavenging units, instant sensors, low strength electronics and computing systems permit the conclusion of the heaven of ambient intelligence by way of overcoming the hell of physics. in response to contributions from major technical specialists, this e-book provides a couple of key issues on novel advancements, therefore delivering the reader a very good perception into the actual foundation of ambient intelligence. It additionally shows key learn demanding situations that has to be addressed sooner or later.
Read or Download AmIware: Hardware Technology Drivers of Ambient Intelligence (Philips Research Book Series) PDF
Similar & telecommunications books
A complete but transportable VOIP expertise consultant for networking and telecom execs.
The quick progress in cellular communications has resulted in an expanding call for for wideband excessive facts price communications providers. lately, the dispensed Antenna process (DAS) has emerged as a promising candidate past 3G and 4G cellular communications. allotted Antenna platforms: Open structure for destiny instant Communications is a accomplished technical consultant that covers the elemental innovations, fresh advances and open problems with the DAS.
Written in cookbook sort, this e-book deals studying and strategies via recipes. It comprises step by step directions for CakePHP builders to create exact internet functions. The publication is designed in one of these approach so you might seek advice from issues bankruptcy via bankruptcy, and skim them in no specific order.
- Operational amplifier speed and accuracy improvement : analog circuit design with structural methodology
- China Versus the West: The Global Power Shift of the 21st Century
- Internationaler Handel.: Theorie und Empirie. (German Edition)
- Vietnam: Anatomy of a Peace
- Antenna and EM Modeling with Matlab
- Resistencia y revolucion durante la Guerra de la Independencia : del levantamiento patriotico a la soberania nacional (Volume 70 of Ciencias sociales)
Extra info for AmIware: Hardware Technology Drivers of Ambient Intelligence (Philips Research Book Series)
There are circumstances where such boxes are not the most convenient ways to package electronics. Think of a jogger carrying an MP3 player. It is not convenient to operate the tiny controls of such a device while jogging. Sportsmen, as well as elderly people, or individuals with an identified health risk may well want some of their body parameters to be monitored continuously. Examples are the electrocardiogram for sportsmen, or for heart patients, or the glucose concentration in the blood for diabetic patients.
The chemical composition of the air in a room will give useful information that can be fed into air purification systems or in security systems (think of the Anthrax scare). Analysis of breath can provide information with a high clinical relevance (for example for patients suffering from asthma). But one can also think of sports coach systems requiring information on the lactate concentration in sweat. These applications will need chemical sensors, or biosensors. Such sensors can be made using a variety of different microsystems technologies, enhanced by surface modification with suitable capture molecules.
1. See also Bergveld, H. , Kruijt, W. S. and Notten, P. H. , 2002, Battery Management Systems – Design by Modelling, Kluwer Academic Press. , Moore, A. , Church, J. and Biemond, P. , Wearable Sensor Badge and Sensor Jacket for Context Awareness, J Farrington, AJ Moore, N Tilbury, J Church, PD . . The Third International Symposium on Wearable Computers, 1999. , Wearable Technology, in Ref. 4. , 1996, Human powered wearable computing, IBM Syst. , 35, 618. , Enabling Technologies for Disappearing Electronics in Smart Textiles, Solid-State Circuits conference, 2003.
AmIware: Hardware Technology Drivers of Ambient Intelligence (Philips Research Book Series) by Satyen Mukherjee, Emile Aarts, Raf Roovers, Frans Widdershoven, Martin Ouwerkerk